Émissions de notre enfance

Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Souvenirs et discussions sur les souvenirs des émissions de votre enfance.

-29%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
PC portable – MEDION 15,6″ FHD Intel i7 – 16 Go / 512Go (CDAV : ...
499.99 € 699.99 €
Voir le deal

Dolores Claman (1927-2021)

Stéphane Dumas

Dolores Claman (1927-2021) Empty Dolores Claman (1927-2021)

Message par Stéphane Dumas Dim 18 Juil - 9:45

Dolores Claman, qui a composé le thème de La Soirée du Hockey/Hockey Night in Canada nous a quittés à l'âge de 94 ans.
    https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/dolores-claman-death-hnic-theme-song-1.6107048

Dolores Claman, the woman behind the catchy tune that used to introduce CBC's Hockey Night in Canada broadcasts, has died at 94.

Claman's daughter Madeleine Morris said Saturday that her mother died in Spain this week, about two years after she was diagnosed with dementia.

"She was a good, ripe old age, and she had an incredible life," Morris told The Canadian Press. "I'm teary from time to time, but mostly I'm thankful she's in peace."

Claman was born in Vancouver and grew up with an opera singer for a mother. She had graduated from high school by 16 and later trained as a concert pianist at the Juilliard School in New York, said Morris.

At Juilliard, Claman decided she would rather be a composer and developed a love of jazz, Morris recalled.

After graduating and the end of the Second World War, her mother moved to England and met and married Richard Morris.

They later moved to Toronto and co-wrote thousands of jingles, including "A Place To Stand" with its popular "Ontari-ari-ari-o" lyric for the 1967 Expo.

Claman was working for Maclaren Advertising in 1968 when she was hired to write the theme song that opened CBC's Hockey Night in Canada broadcasts.

La date/heure actuelle est Mer 8 Mai - 14:43