1991, finale Pittsburg- North Stars du Minnesota avant que les Stars déménagèrent à Dallas.
This is a compilation of broadcast intros from Hockey Night in Canada from 1977 to 2015.
1) 1977 - Taken from Retro Quebec, the opening to La Soiree de Hockey was exactly the same as HNIC with different sponsorships.
2) 1981 - Featuring all 7 Canadian teams (featuring sponsorship tag by Molson - before recording cuts out)
3) 1982 - The awful computerized version of the intro & music (features sponsorship tags from Molson, Canadian Tire, General Electric, Esso and Ford)
4) 1985 - A revamped intro that was more polished than 1982 with scored music (sponsorship tags: Molson, Esso & Ford)
5) 1988 - The same intro, with updated sponsorship tags for Molson, Esso and Ford (video vignettes)
6) 1989 - First branded broadcast as Molson HNIC, these are the Stanley Cup Playoff graphics. Also first usage of tagline "The Tradition Continues." Music updated to a more modern score with electric guitar and used as primary score until 1999. (Sponsorship tags: Molson Canadian, Ford, Pepsi, & Esso)
7) 1990 - Stanley Cup edition - continuation of previous year.
1993 - CBC Sports ID tied into the HNIC Graphics (sponsorship tags: Molson Dry & Ford)
9) 1995 - Abridged version shown after the lockout was lifted.
10) 1996-97 Season - 1997 Stanley Cup Final graphic package - first time using NHL video clips and removal of sponsorship tags until first commercial break)
11) 1995-96 - CBC Sports ID + Stanley Cup Playoff Package (in reverse order from the video - apologies)
12) 1998 - Updated graphic presentation, revised wordmark. This was the final year of Molson sponsorship of HNIC.
13) 1999 - All new intro with live action hockey players, an improved rock guitar score, 360 camera work, sound effects and a brand new logo/emblem. First year with Labatt as the primary sponsor.
14) 2000 - CBC Sports ID (2000 olympics) + revamped theme to have more of a "classic" feel with historic clips in B+W merged with modern clips.
15) 2002 - Revision of past/present style clip montage with graphic package + updated theme song with re-introduction of brass fanfare during theme. Final year for Labatt sponsorship of HNIC.
16) 2003 - Introduction of animated pond hockey sequence.
17) 2007 - Updated graphic package featuring live action + NHL clips and Foster Hewitt intro. Final intro using classic HNIC theme.
18) 2008 - All new animated graphics package featuring merged video clips and a brand new theme by Colin Oberst entitled 'Canadian Gold.'
19) 2012 - Improved graphic presentation using 2008 intro as a base, updated for HNIC 60th season.
20) 2014-2015 - Completely new graphics package featuring clips and audio from the past/present, a heavily modified orchestral arrangement of the theme song (Canadian Gold) introducing the Rogers Media brand consolidation with Sportsnet.