Émissions de notre enfance

Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Souvenirs et discussions sur les souvenirs des émissions de votre enfance.

Le Deal du moment :
Cartes Pokémon 151 : où trouver le ...
Voir le deal

2 participants

Test Pattern

Stéphane Dumas

Test Pattern Empty Test Pattern

Message par Stéphane Dumas Sam 2 Fév - 22:24

Test Pattern was a game show broadcasted on Much Music in the late-1980s/early-1990s with the late VJ Dan Gallagher.
    Stéphane Dumas

Test Pattern Empty Re: Test Pattern

Message par Stéphane Dumas Lun 4 Fév - 9:23

Stéphane Dumas

Message par Stéphane Dumas Mar 7 Avr - 14:04

It was stranger than anything else on television, and it came from Canada. The crew behind "Test Pattern" remembers the anarchy, the fun and the two-slice toasters.
    Stream full episodes at
    http://canadasgameshows.com and http://igametv.com

The MuchMusic game show ‘Test Pattern’ became a cult hit for its unconventional format and lovable host.

“Test Pattern” was a quirky anti-game show that aired on MuchMusic from 1989 – 1991 and quickly became a beloved cult hit.

Hosted by the late, great Dan Gallagher, the show had three contestants competing against each other for exciting prizes like $5 cash, a Casio keyboard or a coveted two-slice toaster.

Contestants kicked off the round by throwing a brick at a video wall to reveal a category (including the popular “Things Americans Don’t Know”) and then asked a question by Gallagher to earn points.

The unconventional show featured a number of random elements, including having an audience member strapped onto a giant spinning wheel, comedy sketches and performances from Canadian musicians.

It was even featured on “Entertainment Tonight” – twice – as an interesting and different game show from around the world.

“Test Pattern” producer Briane Nasimok calls the show an underground hit.

“I still think it’s one of the most inventive television shows, game show or not, that was on TV and it was, I believe, ahead of its time,” he says.

The origins of “Test Pattern” began with a comedy show that toured college campuses promoting Labatt. It was at the University of Guelph where producers recruited Gallagher.

This touring show evolved into a half hour TV show with Gallagher at the helm produced by Insight Productions.

Gallagher, who was also a MuchMusic VJ and hosted “Video Hits” on CBC, passed away in January 2001 after a sudden illness.

“He was just a very big, outgoing, friendly loveable guy. Everybody loved him,” says Nasimok.

When the show was rebroadcast on Much a few years ago, the proceeds were donated to Gallagher’s mother, adds Nasimok.

Stéphane Dumas

Message par Stéphane Dumas Lun 29 Mar - 10:01

Here a partial episode of Test Pattern.
    TonyGreys

Message par TonyGreys Lun 27 Juin - 4:10

Oh, I know those game shows too. They are pretty funny. As far as I know, it's not as popular now as it used to be. In general, I don't watch TV now. I play different online mini-games and set my personal records. I like to share it with my friends and ask them can you beat this one? I think it's quite funny and exciting.
    Stéphane Dumas

Message par Stéphane Dumas Mar 27 Sep - 9:10

Test Pattern promo, 1990.

Contenu sponsorisé

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

La date/heure actuelle est Ven 19 Avr - 14:08